Watch the routines live via webcast at: http://danceondemand.com/webcast
*Be sure to login 30-45 minutes early to make sure they are running on time!
Friday – February 23rd
Routine #56- Somewhere - Reagan at 10:45 AM
Routine #91- I Look To You - Lilly at 12:40 PM
Routine #127- If I Stay Dillan at 2:48 PM
Routine #163- Shape Piper at 4:36 PM
Routine #196- Madness Misa at 6:15 PM
Routine #234- Lay Down Makenna at 8:29 PM
Routine #262- Silent Night Duo Dillan & Piper at 9:53 PM
Update! NUVO RESULTS:
- Reagan Junior Solo-Gold
- Lilly Junior Solo - High Gold
- Piper Teen Solo- High Gold
- Dillan Teen Solo- DJ's Pick & 5th place Teen Solo Overall
- Misa Teen Solo- Gold
- Piper & Dillan Teen Duo - High Gold & 3rd place Teen Duo Overall
- Makenna Solo- High Gold & 10th place Senior Solo Overall
Convention Audition Results:
- Eden Junior Breakout Artist Runner-up
- Dillan Teen Breakout Artist Runner-up
- Makenna Senior Breakout Artist Runner-up
Standout Awards & Scholarships:
- Reagan Tap
- Maddie Contemporary
- Misa Ballet
- Mackenzie Hip Hop
- Lilly Hip Hop
What is a Dance Convention?
Dance conventions are weekend-long dance events that are a lot of fun, a great experience! Dance conventions are packed full of different dance classes, new dance genres, highly trained and engaging teachers, and also include some great audition opportunities.
Dance conventions are a great way to extend your dance education outside of the studio, to experience new genres of dance, be with other dancers in your local area, and get new perspectives from different teachers. Attending a dance convention is not limited to Inspire Company dancers, there are some local conventions that Inspire recommends to all dancers at the studio.
How do Dance Conventions work?
Here are the details and schedule of a typical dance convention:
- An optional Friday evening class is offered get the weekend started with the 1st class of the weekend
- Saturday morning starts bright and early with all Inspired Dance Centre members meeting an hour before classes begin to take a group photo, receive convention numbers, and get warmed up!
- Dancers are separated by age groups into different class tracks, and begin the convention typically with an opening show where all of the professional teachers are introduced to everyone.
- Parents are welcome to stay for the weekend if an observer pass is purchased. You'll watch on the side as your dancer learns new choreography, techniques, and dances the day away with their friends!
- There is always a lunch break, and at the end of the day is when the dance competition portion begins.
- Sunday morning, back again bright and early for day 2 of dance class.
- On day 2, dancers will perform one or more of the routines they learned in an audition to win future convention discounts, merchandise, and sometimes scholarships!
- Classes may include: Ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop, musical theater, contemporary and more.